These are presented in the exact way that appeared in my iphone on September 3, 2008
1. Y does life go by by and sme of us feel alone on wat we do? Cuz there are times where I feel alone.
Feeling alone is natural human emotion. As human beings though – we were created to be in a relationship with God. When we neglect to open our heart to God there can be an overwhelming sense of emptiness that can result in despression.
2. I messed up a few days ago, and God touched me with a song on my ipod and broke in tears on the bus. But why do I still feel like a heavy burden that won’t leave and y do I have past hidden hurts dat won’t go away?
You may have just answered your own question. It sounds like God is trying to get your attention to let you know that the heavy burden you’re feeling – He’s wanting to take it away if you will just allow Him to.
3. Why do I feel like I want to run away and go somewhere far wen I feel unheard?
You’re actually experiencing the same thing as someone in the Bible. “Because of the voice of the enemy…. so I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.” [Ps. 55] Sometimes the enemy of our souls deliberately tries to pull us away from God, who is our Rock. So, don’t listen to the voice of Satan. But try to focus only on listening to God’s voice.
4. Wen I mess up, y do I feel like I don’t belong in da church? Y do I feel like if people knew the real me that they wil not like me or not care abt me any more?
You feel like this because “at Church” people are smiling, singing, and looking like they’ve got their act together. The truth is that a lot of us don’t feel like we “belong”, but when we are in-relationship with others in the Church, [like in a small group] we are positioning ourselves to be vulnerable in a safe environment.
5. Wen I mess up, I want to run to the church and stay there to feel safe. Y iz that?
The Church is the Body of Chirst. The house of God ought to be a safe haven. I believe Sunday morning ought to be the best time of day for us all. Psalm 84 says, “For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.”
6. Y am I scared to confess wa I do wrong, to my parents or anybody else dat ask wa I did, but im not scared to tel God?
Like us all, you fear being rejected and judged by people. It’s obvious from your question though that you’ve experienced the Grace of God. Get [and keep] some good Christian friends, and walk in the light – unashamed.
7. Why iz it dat sometimes I feel like no 1 loves or cares abt me wen I mess up?
You might have fallen into the familiar trap of looking to people to comfort you instead of God. Always remember that God is the only one who will fill your needs. God may use people, but cast all your care on God for He cares for you. [1 Pet. 5:7].
8. Why do I feel like I need a hug to make me feel better? I wish dat God wil just take to be with him in heaven 4ever.
Everybody needs a hug. As a youth pastor if I don’t hug at least 50 kids every week I feel dis-connected. You’re craving love. God will supply that love you need right here on earth. You don’t have to wait till Heaven. I would say too – start giving hugs and people will start hugging you.
9. I have 1 friend dat I realy care abt. Wat do I tel her wen she iz down and feels dat no1 cares?
1st and foremost – be a good listener. Nobody likes a “know-it-all”. 2nd of all do your best to relate to your friend. Let her know that you’ve felt the same. 3rd – (if it’s appropriate) share a scripture that’s touched your heart. And 4thly – Offer to pray a comforting prayer for her.
10. Y do I feel like sme of mi talents and gifts hav been taken? Wat do I do?
2 Scriptures come to mind: Rom. 11:29 [in the NLT]: “For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn.” In other words, when God gives gifts He doesn’t take them away. The other is 2 Tim. 1:6… “This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you.” “Fan into flame” means, starting using your gifts and talents! If you sing… maybe you need to join the worship team. If you write poetry… maybe you need to read your poem at Church or post it on MySpace. Start using your gifts and you’ll be amazed.
11. Rite nw I hear a song dat I have on mi ipod, and y do I have mi own words to worship God with the same beat? I write poetry/rap or soft hymes. Wat do I do wen God puts in my heart a song?
I would write them down. Someone once said, “A long pencil is better than a short memory.”
12. Iz it ok to share wi other wat God showed or spoke to u?
Yes and no. Let me elaborate. When God spoke to Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, this is what Nehemiah wrote down… “I had not told anyone about the plans God had put in my heart for Jerusalem.” [Neh. 2:12]. He just wanted God to bring it to pass, and not try to do it in his own strength. The “yes” part of this is that, at the right time you should share what God has spoken to you! We see this in Neh. 2:18.
13. Can me being 1 person, be used mightily to make a difference?
There was a picture I used to have in my office that was a huge crowd of people, and there was a bubble-cloud over each of them that thought… “What can one person do?” Can one person be used to start a fire? I believe God is glorified by using the weak things of this world to confound the wise. Let Him start with you.
14. God showed me my future and mi family. Wa do I do tel then?
It would depend what you thought God showed you. If it’s life-threatening I might share it and ask if you can pray together as a family. If it’s in regard to something else you might want to just be like Mary in the Bible… “But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.” [Luke 2:19]
15. Am I realy loved or do people put on a show 4 me?
One thing I would recommend is, try not to figure out other people’s motives for doing things. You’ll go crazy wondering if someone is genuine or not. Love is vulnerable. I would say, you should receive people’s love as genuine. If they are playing games with you, at least you gave them the benefit of the doubt, and you were real with them.
16. I realy love mi friends and family, but its hard and it hurts too hear da bad thing they say. Wa dod I do?
You must have a very genuine heart for God. You are the kind of person that feels what God feels. What would Jesus do? Would He lash out at them? Or would He allow bitterness to creep in to His heart? God’s Love will always be more than yours. So draw on God’s limitless supply of Love and continue to love them unconditionally.
17. Y do I keep asking God to help me cry to relieve pains and hurts? What do I do if I have bottled up pains and hurts?
In my opinion tears are like medicine, and a good cry is cleansing. But if your experience is that of… only crying will help me – God may be calling you into a deeper realm of faith now. Bottled-up pains and hurts are used by the Holy Spirit to draw us closer to God. Take time to “spill the bottles” to God, and believe that He has heard your prayer and will answer in His way and on His time-table.
18. Why am I changing into a person that iz confused on and off abt who I am? “Identity crises” is somewhat normal for Teens. Your physical body is going thru huge changes. Give yourself some grace when you don’t know who you are anymore. Smile, and say, “God, you sure do have Your hands full!” But on the flip-side – It could it be that you are forgetting your identity is in Christ alone. It not in what you wear or how much money your parents have, or how many friends you have. When you lose your life, and lay it down at the foot of the cross is when you actually find your life and really start enjoying it.
Be watching for Part 2. There’s some amazing questions!!
Let me know what you think,
Pastor Robb Gorringe
UNITED YOUTH, Chicago, IL
EVANGEL WORLD OUTREACH CENTER