4 QUALITIES OF AN AWESOME LEADER
Right off the bat – Let me ask you: what do you think leadership is?
1. AN AWESOME LEADER IS ONE WHO IS AN AWESOME FOLLOWER
- One of the things I’ve learned from my Pastor is that in order to be a good leader you must also be a good follower.
- Matt. 4:19 “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Luke 9:61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.”
2. AN AWESOME LEADER IS ONE WHO LOVES YOUNG PEOPLE.
- You might have a “Youth Ministry”. But, who can tell me what “ministry” means?
- I would be bold enough to say that what you love you pray for.
- How has your prayers for the Youth been lately?
3. AN AWESOME LEADER IS ONE WHO ARRIVES EARLY and STAYS LATE.
- As a Leader (or potential Leader) you are saying to every young person, “Look at me, I’m a leader!” And you no longer have the freedom to say, “Mmmbaaa’!” and merely come and go when you want.
- Teen-agers are looking to you for an example. They’re looking for someone to talk to, to confide in, to believe in! But if you aren’t there???
4. AN AWESOME LEADER IS ONE WHO HAS A “WHATEVER – IT – TAKES” ATTITUDE.
- One of the things that I learned in Seattle with Pastor Jude at the Generation Church Youth Ministry was that… “whatever-it-takes” we’re gonna do it. Take a look at this scripture and see their “whatever-it-takes” attitude…
- 2 Sam. 23: 15-16 And David said with longing, “Oh, that someone would give me a drink of the water from the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!” So the three mighty men broke through the camp of the Philistines, drew water from the well of Bethlehem that was by the gate, and took it and brought it to David. Nevertheless he would not drink it, but poured it out to the Lord.
- The Lord is going to lead us to do ministry, and if we look at our own limited strength and say, “Oh, I don’t know how he thinks we can get water all the way from Bethlehem, David is just expecting too much. I can’t do it.” No, we use our FAITH and possess a “whatever-it-takes” mentality for the glory of God!
- Don’t just offer excuses. Look to find a way to make it happen!
If you liked what you read, come on over to my new blog: Today I Can Change, www.todayicanchange.com/blog