Listen to it on iTunes:: UNITED YOUTH CHURCH PODCAST
Being in Youth Ministry is no easy task. But I have found a few little nuggets that have helped me in today’s age of technology. Here’s just a few Leadership keys for you::
1. Get all the Love you need from the Lord, Himself. Don’t look for others to “fill your tank”.
2. Keep an eye on your “Devotional Life”. Ask yourself… “How have I been doing lately in my devotional life?” If you’ve been skipping personal Prayer & daily Bible reading chances are you might not have a whole lot to give to young people. But make just a slight adjustment in this area and you’ll notice a huge difference.
3. Get Your Kids #’s programmed into your Cell phone. Edit their last names with a “your youth groups initials” at the end, so they’re easy to find. Send them a Txt when you’re watching a movie, or when you have a chance. They’ll be so excited you did.
4. Consider Upgrading to an “Unlimited TXTing plan”. They’re usually around $15. a month. This way you’re not sweating going over, and chances are you won’t use as many of your cell minutes in a given month.
5. Develop a Greater TXTING/FB/MySpace Relationship with your Youth. For me, I can usually find a half hour somewhere in the evening to connect with (and make “Eternal Deposits”), into the lives of these precious Kids. A couple of quick MySpace comments goes a long way in developing real relationships.
6. [You tell me]::