This is what I call a “Mini-Teaching”. I use these types of 10 minute teachings to challenge and encourage my Youth Leaders.
But whoever catches a glimpse of the revealed counsel of God – the free life! – even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, is no distracted scatterbrain, but a man or woman of action. That person will find delight and affirmation in the action. MSG
A. A Leader of Action is ACCOUNTABLE and connected.
• Definition: Accountability is a concept in ethics with several meanings. It is often used synonymously with such concepts as answerability, responsibility, mature, reliable, dependable, and consistent.
C. A Leader of Action is CALLED.
• 2 Tim. 1:9
• Ask yourself this question: “Am I called to work with young people?” It’s so important to sense that divine calling from God.
T. A Leader of Action is TRAINING students to serve God.
• Are you a “1-man-show”, or are you actively finding youth and putting them into your ministry?
I. A Leader of Action is one who INTERCEDES for young people.
• Personally in your own Quiet Times, and also at Pre-Service Prayer at 6:30pm. [This ministry can only be ignited by the passion of prayer].
O. A Leader of Action is one who is OBSERVANT.
• I can’t tell you how my heart leaps for joy when I see Youth Leaders who come early to Wed. or Sun. Discipleship and see what’s around them that needs attention: chairs, garbage, messy Info. Table, microphone wires.
N. A Leader of Action is one who NEVER GIVES UP.
• Do you know what the opposite of Action is? It is: Inaction, inactivity, and stagnation.
• We must be the kind of Leaders to go the extra mile!
• Be a man or woman of Action! Don’t allow the enemy [or your flesh] to dominate you.
• “Serve the Lord with gladness, come before His presence with singing.” Psalm 100:2